A coordinated approach to building climate change resilient communities and ecosystems in Malawi.
To coordinate civil society organisations and influence a desired change in climate change and disaster risk management-related policies, practices and attitudes through research, advocacy, model projects, networking and capacity building.
Research, Capacity building, Policy Outreach, Advocacy, Public Interest Litigation, Strategic Public Interest Litigation.
- To promote and facilitate research and document progress, capture the impact of different intervention measures and foster shared learning from climate change interventions in Malawi;
- To enhance the capacity of civil society organizations to lobby and advocate for the management of climate change and its impacts in Malawi and at regional and international level;
- To build the capacity of civil society organizations, community-based organizations and communities on management of the impacts of climate change and variability;
- To promote and facilitate measures for alleviating suffering due to climate change and build resilient communities;
- To promote collaboration with likeminded institutions at national, regional and international levels in order to enhance understanding and promote effective response to climate change impacts;
- To mobilize adequate resources (human, financial) for network activities and other activities that may require network intervention.